Source code

Hier kann über allgemeine Themen diskutiert werden, die sonst in kein Forum passen.
Insbesondere über Szene, Games, Kultur, Weltgeschehen, Persönliches, Recht, Hard- und Software.
Antworten
arnolddrita
Alter Benutzername: Tiran Inside
Echter Name: Arnold Drita

Source code

Beitrag von arnolddrita »

Hi guys. I'm sory i dont speak german, but i have a problem and i was hopeing to find a solution.
I have bought this book a week ago, but after 4 days i moved house. I kept the book with me the hole time, but when I went to the new home i couldn't find the cd-rom with the source code and everything. I am afraid i lost it.

So guys i am hoppeing if anyone could please upload it, or tell me where to find it.
Please guys i really need it to understand the book.
Please!!!
Ingrater
Establishment

Re: Source code

Beitrag von Ingrater »

Hi,
what book did you buy? You only state "this book" but there are many books with source code cd's

Regards Ingrater
arnolddrita
Alter Benutzername: Tiran Inside
Echter Name: Arnold Drita

Beitrag von arnolddrita »

I'm sorry. I thought this was the offical forum of the book written by Stefan Zerbst titled "3d Game Engine Programming".
Aramis
Echter Name: Alexander Gessler

Beitrag von Aramis »

Hi,

that's true, except ZFX is also a german game development forum, so there's more than a single topic here. Stefan Zerbst is one of its administrators and is regularly here.

Regarding the source code, there's a FAQ entry in the old ZFX board. It's contents in short: the source code for Stefan's books is indeed available for download, and the URLs can be found _in_ the book, at page 21 or 27 respectively. The FAQ entry also notes that it might be necessary to change the domain of the links to http://www.zfx.info.

I don't know whether this information is still up-to-date, but it's definitely worth a try.

Regards,
Alex
Alexander Kornrumpf

Beitrag von Alexander Kornrumpf »

I'm afraid the FAQ refers to some of Stefan's earlier books.
Stefan Zerbst

Beitrag von Stefan Zerbst »

Hi,

for various reasons there is no complete download of the material from the book. You can find the errata site here which contains some pieces of the code: http://stefan.zfx.info/3dgep.html

If you have lost your CD-ROM you have to contact the publisher (Course PTR or whoever owns this now) and ask for a replacement. I am sorry for the trouble caused by this but I even had to justify the existance of the errata page once.

regards,
Stefan
natas

Beitrag von natas »

I just bought this 3d game engine programming book and I'm am having difficulty compiling some examples from the CD. I found several posts online explaining there were corrupt files on the CD and "fixes" available on this site http://stefan.zfx.info/3dgep.html but the page is no longer available. Can you please have this page fixed or let me know where I can find the code corrections.
Seraph
Site Admin

Beitrag von Seraph »

Oops... the page is back online.
Antworten